Are your gums tender or bleeding? Do your teeth appear to have grown out more? If so, you may be suffering from the effects of gum disease.
If left untreated, gum disease can have a serious effect on your mouth and overall health. Here are some quick facts about gum disease:
– Symptoms of gum disease include redness, swelling and tenderness. Your gums may bleed frequently, especially when you brush or floss, or when you eat.
– Gum disease can cause halitosis, also referred to as bad breath.
– In some people gum disease can be caused by a dry mouth brought on by certain medications.
– Gum disease can be caused by smoking or chewing tobacco, or drug use.
– In some instances, gum disease will pull your gums back from your teeth, exposing the roots and making your teeth appear longer than usual.
– Gum disease can slowly cause your teeth to slide out of place, and make them feel loose.
If you are concerned about gum disease, Toluca Dental Care is here to help. For a complete diagnosis and a suggested course of treatment from Dr. Nilesh Pema and the team in Toluca Lake, California, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 818-760-9912.